PricewaterhouseCoopers Recruitment 2017: PROPOSAL MANAGER – Internal Firm Services.
Department: Internal Firm Services
Job type: Permanent
Closing date: 08-Feb-17
Reference Number: 125-NIG00117
PwC firms help organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 223,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. In Sub-Saharan Africa, we’re the largest provider of professional services with offices in 34 countries and close to 9 000 people. PwC has been operating in Nigeria since 1953 through its predecessor firms of Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. We’re one of the leading professional services firms in the country with offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, over 1000 staff and 27 resident partners.
This enables us to provide our clients with seamless and consistent service, wherever they’re located on the continent. Our in-depth knowledge and understanding of African operating environments enables us to put ourselves in our clients’ shoes and offer truly tailored Tax, Assurance and Advisory solutions to unique business challenges.
Who we’re looking for:
PwC is looking for an established and motivated bid specialist to work as a Proposals Manager. As well as a deep understanding and awareness of best practice bids, the ideal candidate will have the confidence to advise, challenge thinking, and draw on their commercial outlook to contribute towards win strategies. They will have experience of coaching people at all levels, helping to improve their approach and confidence to engage with our target clients.
The ideal candidate will have a strong track record of facilitating the development of proposals from start to finish and will be confident in strategically leading and advising bid teams through the sales framework. They will also have experience of working closely with practice project managers, helping and supporting on the successful completion of proposals and meeting multiple deadlines.
Receive Job Vacancies Alerts - Fill the form below:
They should have experience of attending and actively contributing to kick-off/strategy meetings and proposition development, advising on messaging and content of proposal documents including design and production, planning and coaching on presentation preparation and rehearsals, and support and guidance on post decision reviews.
An understanding of the professional services environment is important and specific experience within an audit and assurance or management consulting environment will be beneficial.
About the role:
The successful candidate will be part of the West Market Area Bid Office which is aligned to the firm’s Client and Market Development (CMD) team. CMD – a centralised support function and covers all aspects of professional services marketing, sales support and business development. The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm’s market strategy and in particular to deliver:
• Revenue growth
• Enhanced relationships and networks
• A distinctive brand experience
The role will require flexibility to work across proposals in all areas of the business and across all countries within WMA, as the need arises.
This exciting role provides the opportunity to work directly with senior partners and to work with a diverse range of client teams to provide guidance, advice and support. A focus of the role is to ensure that the firm is bidding for the right opportunities and when we do that our proposals are best in class. That includes ensuring proposals are persuasive, successfully differentiate PwC from the competition and that we always deliver the best of PwC to our priority competitive opportunities. A key part of the role will be advising teams, editing and reviewing proposal documents, working on presentation preparation and identifying creative ways to communicate messages to our clients so that we can continually improve what we do and win more work.
The role reports to the WMA Pursuit Hub Leader. The successful individual will also need to build relationships with senior management across WMA and with account teams on individual proposals.
Key areas of responsibility may include:
• Expert advice and proposal support from start to finish
• To work closely with practice Partners and Business Unit Leaders to develop our sales culture
• Supporting and advising account teams in all aspects of proposal development and management
• Proactive innovation and creativity to deliver proposals in different ways
• Conducting post decision reviews with clients
• Supporting the Pursuit driver/coach network
• Coaching, training and developing stakeholders at all levels
• Working closely with the other members of the Africa proposal community (and the wider global network where applicable), this role requires fast and strong development of relationships across the firm
• Ideally, experience in a business development or proposals role in a ‘Big 4’, or other professional services environment or similar blue chip organisation
• Excellent influencing, strong communication and facilitation skills in order to be credible and to be able to coach account teams and senior stakeholders
• Ability to build and manage relationships at a senior level, as they will be required to change and influence senior stakeholders
• A proactive ‘can-do approach’ is vital with sound commercial understanding
• Experience of drafting and reviewing written communications to deliver specific messages within tight deadlines
• Proven track record of proposal management and bid advice
• The drive to deliver excellent client service through the proposal process
• People management experience desirable
For Enquiries contact;
The Tests Administrator,
ASSURE Educational Services,
Broad Street, Lagos, Nigeria
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with the companies whose Jobs adverts are published here. We advise jobseekers to carry out due diligence before and during job application process.