A verbal reasoning test features in most psychometric test batteries. They are used to test your vocabulary, comprehension and command of the rules of usage called grammar.
If you don’t already have one, buy a dictionary and thesaurus and get into the habit of using them on a daily basis. The Verbal Reasoning Section of the Recruitment Portal contains questions in the following categories:
- Word link (synonyms) – two words closest in meaning or with the strongest connection.
Word link (synonyms) Assessment – Click Here
- Word link (opposites) – This style of word link question requires you to identify the suggested answer that means the opposite of the given word.
Word link (opposites) Assessment – Full Version
- Find the new word – In this type of verbal reasoning test you must find a four-letter word or
words that is made up from the end of one of the given words and the beginning of the next.
Find the new word Assessment – Full Version
- Word swap – comprises a sentence in which two words need to be interchanged to make it read sensibly.
Word swap Assessment – Full Version
- Sentence sequencing – Your task in this style of question is to reorganize the sentences into the order in which they were originally written.
Sentence sequencing Assessment – Full Version
- Best word(s) to complete a sentence – These questions comprise a sentence with one or more pairs of suggested words from which you must choose the one that correctly completes the sentence.
Best word(s) to complete a sentence Assessment – Full Version
- English usage – This style of question comprises a sentence with some words missing and
suggested lists from which you must choose the answer that correctly completes the sentence.
English Usage Assessment – Full Version
- Read a passage and evaluate a statement – These questions provide a series of passages and statements that relate to them. It is your task to read the passage and decide if the statements are true, false or that you cannot tell if they are true or false.
Read a passage and evaluate a statement Assessment – Full Version
For Enquiries contact;
The Tests Administrator,
ASSURE Educational Services,
Broad Street, Lagos, Nigeria
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with the companies whose Jobs adverts are published here. We advise jobseekers to carry out due diligence before and during job application process.