Role: ICT ExpertDirect Report: PMO/Results Management LeadBusiness Unit: GeneralLocation: AbujaAbout Deloitte Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters. Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana. In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Audit, Tax, Business Process Solutions, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, to consumer business and industrial products, telecommunications, energy and resources, manufacturing and the public sector. Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are dedicated to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives. Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide. Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte. Programme Description Deloitte is leading a power sector transformation programme which has been established by a development agency to support reform within Nigeria’s power sector. Key objectives of the reform programme include addressing gas to power challenges, competitive procurement of clean and conventional energy, utility distribution sector reform, and off-grid electricity access. Ideally, the project will enable 10,000 MW of new-rehabilitated electricity generation capacity, and 3 million new electricity connections, enabling reliable and affordable electricity access to millions of people for the first time. Position Description The ICT expert will undertake a review of the overall ICT activities of Abuja and Eko Discos and to comment on the effectiveness of the interventions recommended under the Power Africa PATRP program. The ICT Consultant will produce a comprehensive report detailing his/her findings from the reviews conducted. Position Responsibilities
- Undertake a comprehensive review of the ICT systems currently being used by AEDC and Eko. This review should include both centralized and decentralized “stand alone” systems.
- Review the discos plans for the implementation of new systems.
- Review the current organizational structure of each ICT Department together with any planned changes.
- Review safety/security protocols including, but not limited to, prevention of unauthorized access and system backup procedures.
- Review the disco’s approach to the procurement of both hardware and software. Does the disco have a standardized approach to the purchase of hardware and software?
- Review the Disco Transition Plan produced under the Power Africa PATRP project and determine the level of implementation of this plan in respect to recommendations relating to the ICT function.
What Impact Will You Make? Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.How You Will GrowAt Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
BenefitsAt Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Our PurposeDeloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.htmlRecruiter Tips
want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared
and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do
your research: know some background about the organization and the
business area you’re applying to.
- Collect, process, evaluate, and summarize scientific and technical data and ideas to make effective decisions and develop appropriate solutions
- Ability to examine and interpret scientific, technical, and complex guidelines, documents, records and reports
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and produce concise, accurate and impartial reports, narratives, summaries and recommendations
- Communicate, verbally and in writing, scientific and technical terminology into terms understandable to the general public
- Work independently within established guidelines, prioritize and coordinate activities, and meet critical deadlines
- Work cooperatively with others; build and maintain constructive relationships with those encountered during course of work; respond effectively and tactfully to hostility, confusion or concerns expressed by others
- Effectively represent the department in contacts and relationships with the public, local business community and other government agencies
- Use sound judgment and personal initiative to accomplish assignments
- Use appropriate interpersonal style and approach to ensure team cohesiveness and cooperation Educational Requirement This project requires a senior level ICT expert, with at least 5-years experience in working with ICT systems in electricity distribution companies or comparable infrastructure companies (e.g., telecoms). The expert should have a college degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Systems, or comparable discipline.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Competitive Edge – Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Inspirational Leadership – Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others
Applications from all qualified individuals should be sent to [email protected] on or before Friday 14 December, 2018.
Click Here for job opportunity – https://jobs2.deloitte.com/global/en/search-results?keywords=nigeria
Requisition code: NG159962
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with the companies whose Jobs adverts are published here. We advise job-seekers to carry out due diligence before and during job application process. Job Vacancies & Recruitment Aptitude Tests Preparatory Portal – Powered by ASSURE Educational Services will not ask applicants to pay to secure advertised Jobs