British Council is the world’s leading cultural relations organization and creates opportunities for people in the UK and worldwide to understand each other, to work together and learn from one another. We see this as crucial to building secure, more prosperous and sustainable futures for us all. We build trust and understanding between different countries and cultures and develop strong international links that are of benefit to people in Britain and the rest of the world.
Location Lagos, Oyo, Rivers
The British Council is currently looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals to join us in Lagos (Mainland, Lekki and Ajah), Port Harcourt and Ibadan as Venue Staff.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To invigilate exams to British Council and Examination Board standards.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including people management and finance)
· As an invigilator with the British Council, the post holder will be line managed by Exams Officers. · Reliability: to ensure tests/exams are delivered securely according to board requirements.
· Quality: to deliver a high standard of customer service to our customers and test/ exam candidates. Performance is measured by our own Exams Quality Standards and the inspection visits from exam boards.
· The post holder might be required to invigilate exams at locations different from their base.
Receive Job Vacancies Alerts - Fill the form below:
· Attend training sessions before conducting any invigilation duties.
· Attend the annual refresher training sessions.
· Attend other meetings as required by British Council staff.
· before applying, you need to have a valid identity card (international passport, National ID or Permanent Voters Card)
· you need to be able to supply details of two referees, once shortlisted, your referees will be contacted for references
· you will be required to bring the original copy of your ID and credentials for sighting
· have a functional Nigerian bank account in your name
· you may only apply to one of the advertised locations
Disclaimer: We are not affiliated with the companies whose Jobs adverts are published here. We advise job-seekers to carry out due diligence before and during job application process. Job Vacancies & Recruitment Aptitude Tests Preparatory Portal – Powered by ASSURE Educational Services will not ask applicants to pay to secure advertised Jobs